Busting It: Water does not cure acne by itself and make it go away. It just helps in reducing acne by hydrating our body.
- When the body undergoes hormonal changes and imbalances
- When dead skin cells accumulate on the skin instead of falling off, and clog the openings of the sebaceous glands
- Due to some skin conditions
- Constantly rubbing or running your hands over your face
- Buildup of toxins in the body
- Unhealthy eating habits
- Digestion disorders
- Not maintaining personal hygiene
- Excessive dandruff
- Sometimes it can be hereditary
Water dilutes the stress hormones that have formed in our body due to accumulated stress. Have you noticed that during the time of exams, your acne seems to worsen? This is because stress produces a hormone called cortisol, which can lead to acne breakout. Water helps dilute this hormone to some extent, causing the acne to reduce noticeably. Besides water, drinking herbal tea will also help in reducing the effectiveness of cortisol, but water is the safest option since there are no side effects or negative effects involved.